Monday, October 18, 2010

Spider Web Candlesticks

had the idea for the candlesticks awhile back and originally they were going to go on the mantle but the mantle ended up going in a different direction so now they are on the side table. 


Anyways, these were easy and inexpensive to make. I started with 2 glass candlesticks from the Dollar Tree along with two candleholders. I spray painted the candlesticks black and covered the candle holders with spider web scrapbooking paper. I glued the candle holders to the candle sticks using E-6000. I turned them upside down, set a heavy book on them, and left them sitting overnight. 


Then I used some fake spider webbing (also from the Dollar Tree) along the base of the candlesticks and finished it off with a fake spider (that came with the bag of spider webbing) per a candlestick. I didn't glue down the spider web or spiders I simply wrapped it around the bottom of the candlestick and just placed it where I wanted it. 


And here they are on the little table with Noah's little "wish wish" (snowglobe) and "Boo" blocks. 

Linking up to the following link parties:

Visit thecsiproject.com


No comments:

Post a Comment