Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Halloween Mantle

I heart my mantle. I really, really do. It's fun to decorate!! All last week, I shared with you Halloween candle holders I had been making. Over the weekend, I decorated the mantle with them and some other things I had made. I've never really decorated for Halloween too much before, other than a pumpkin here or there. In fact, I've never really decorated that much for any holiday besides Christmas but I think that might be changing.




Left end of the mantle
I made the Spells book by just covering a book with scrapbooking paper and adding sticker letters.
I made the candy corn garland out of ribbon and cardstock.

Middle of mantle
The trick or treat family is simply a black frame with scrapbooking paper inside and letters I cut using my Slice.

Right end of mantle

Close up of the boo frames
These are just frames I bought at The Dollar Store. I spray painted them black, cut scrapbooking paper to fit the inside and cut out the letters with my Slice.

And that's the mantle. Love looking at it!

Linking to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

1 comment:

  1. How cute! And I'm so glad you're decorating your mantel other than at Christmas! It's so fun to change it up. I decorate mine around 6x's a year :). Thanks for linking up to the mantel party!

    ReplyDelete