Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween Wreath

So I needed a Halloween wreath but hadn't felt inspired. Finally an idea came to me after seeing a wreath made of ribbon but I decided to use scrapbooking paper instead of ribbon. I think it turned out super duper cute and it was easy.

What you'll need:
Wreath form (I got mine at The Dollar Tree making this an inexpensive project.)
Scrapbooking paper (I used 3 sheets.)
3 Satin Flowers
Glue stick
Coordinating ribbon
Embellishment (I used a little "Happy Halloween" wooden embellishment from Hobby Lobby that was 60 cents.)
Silk flowers (I made my silk flowers following this tutorial at Sister's Stuff.)
Ribbon
Hot glue gun

What to do:
1. Cut your scrapbook paper in to strips. Mine are about 1 inch wide.
2. Wrap your strips around your wreath form and secure them in the back of your wreath using your glue stick. If you find this isn't strong enough, you could use hot glue or even tape but it worked fine for me.
3. Continue to wrap your strips all the way around the wreath form overlapping them as you go.
4. Once your are finished and your wreath is totally covered, glue on your silk flowers using your hot glue gun.
5. Glue on your embellishment.
6. Add ribbon for the loop so you can hang your wreath. I just glue it down on the back of the wreath using the hot glue.

I actually decided I liked how the wreath looked above my mantle so I made a second one (the same method just use different colors and paper) for the front door.


Visit thecsiproject.com

7 comments:

  1. Great idea using scrapbook paper! This is going in my "wreaths" inspiration folder!

    Kimra
    http://crafty-cove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I think I have seen a million and one uses for that dollar store wreath! Lovin' yours! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is adorable! I am featuring this on my blog today:) the-wilson-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am your newest follower!! I found you on the weekend linky! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com


    I love this wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very CUTE!!! :) (I think I'm gonna have to copy... hehe)

    ReplyDelete