Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Frankenstein Candle Holder

Today I'm sharing my Frankenstein candle holder with you. I think Frankie is my favorite of all the candle holders. I'm pretty smitten with him. 

You'll need:
Candle holder (I used a glass candle holder from the Dollar Store making this a very inexpensive project.) 
Clear matte spray
Green paint (I used acrylic paint.)
Black and white cardstock
Mod Podge


How to: 
1. Spray your candle holder with clear matte spray and let dry overnight. Be sure and spray this outdoors or in a well ventilated area.
2. Paint your candle holder green. I used two coats. Let it dry completely. 
3. Make eyes, hair, a mouth using the black cardstock. I cut the eyes with my circle punch and made the pupil out of a scrap of white with my hole punch. I just free handed the hair in a zig zag pattern and I used pinking shears for the mouth. 
4. Brush the entire candle holder with a layer or two of Mod Podge. 


And there ya have Frankie. Isn't he cute? 



Linking up to the following link parties:

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love cute halloween as opposed to scary.

    Come link up to my Commercial Break Linky party and promote your blog! http://suzysartsycraftsysitcom.blogspot.com/2010/10/commercial-break-thursday-promote.html

    suzy

    ReplyDelete