Thursday, March 29, 2012

Another Egg Wreath

I recently shared with you my wooden egg wreath which is now hanging above my mantel. Today, I want to share with you the wreath that is hanging on my front door. It is made of plastic Easter eggs and was super easy to make.



I gathered my supplies first. I used heavy cardboard (I recycled an old shipping box), plastic Easter eggs, a package of Easter grass, green acrylic paint, paint brush, hot glue gun and glue sticks, ribbon, old pencil, and scissors.

First I found two bowls in my kitchen. One was slightly bigger than the other. I traced the smaller bowl first then traced the larger bowl around it. I cut both out create a wreath form. It doesn't matter if it's perfect or not because you are going to cover it up.

Next, I paint my wreath form green just in case any of it showed. After it dried completely I began gluing down my Easter grass in clumps. I would down a bit of the hot glue on the wreath form, put a small clump of grass in the glue and then use my pencil eraser to push it down so I didn't burn myself. I kept doing this all the way around the wreath.

Once I had covered the entire wreath with Easter grass, I began to glue down my eggs. I just put a big blob of glue on the egg and then pressed it firmly on to the grass covered wreath form. I slightly angled my eggs as I glued them all around the wreath. And I just kept on going until I ran out of room.

Then, I decided the grass looked a little wild so I took my scissors and gave it a hair cut. I just kept trimming until I was happy with the desired look.

Lastly, I added a piece of ribbon to the back of the wreath and glued down as my hanger.

I thought about dolling it up some more by adding a bow or small stuffed animal or something else but honestly, I just liked the simplicity of it.

And now it cheerfully hangs on my door greeting any visitors that may come by.



(linking to the parties listed in my sidebar)

3 comments:

  1. Your wreath is nice and cheerful...good for you making it! I used to make some crafts but have gotten away from it. I think the thing I enjoyed most....years ago was a granny afghan for the back of the rocker. When my Mom crocheted me a rocker set...I actually got teary eyed putting my little piece away. Silly but true. Handmade is special....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping in from Tip Junkie - love the idea! I need to do this and update the decor, but might be too late now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and very creative! Well done! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete