Friday, January 27, 2012

Tender Moments

It’s Friday – the day where I join other bloggers and take five short minutes to just write from the heart. Five Minute Friday is hosted by Gypsy Mama and this week’s prompt is TENDER. 

As a Momma I experience many tender moments and for each one I am so thankful.


Noah is often very sweet and tender hearted. He has this innocence and love about him that is just indescribable and qualities I really hope he never loses. He worries about other people  a lot, so much so that we watch what we say in front of him. For example, awhile back my Mom and I were talking on speaker phone and I asked something about a friend of hers that was about to have surgery. Noah had never met this friend of hers but instantly became concerned about her and then insisted that my Mom make her a blanket. (My Mom makes no sew fleece blankets and have given Noah many and he associates blankets with feeling bad, hospital stays, and surgery.)


I pulled a muscle in my back lifting Noah and he knows that my back is bothering me and I went to the doctor about it. Yesterday, he was being so sweet and tender with me. He kept gently rubbing my back, giving me “ouchie kisses,” and telling me to get under the covers.


I love these tender moments with my boy and tuck the memories away in my heart for safe keeping.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how kids understand just want tender is!! I love that he cares about people he doesn't even know. Hope your back is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that boys can still be so sensitive and affectionate with their mamas! hope my son never outgrows it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet young man. He sounds like he has a tender heart and you are probably loved and adored by him every day. Special needs children love so much. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your take on the word "Tender" was very sweet. I like how you spoke about how you received tenderness from your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noah is so compassionate. I love how you can see his heart in his eyes

    ReplyDelete