Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crafty Goals for the New Year

I was laying in bed the other night trying to sleep but my brain wouldn’t stop thinking of projects that I wanted to accomplish. I thought it would be a good idea to get them down on paper.

Gallery Wall – I want to create a gallery wall on a wall in our living room. I’ve been pinning different gallery walls (like this one or that one) that I like for ideas of placement and I’ve been collecting frames for a good 6 months now. Now, I just need to choose photos for the frames (that’s the really hard part!) and paint all the frames the same color then enlist my darling husband’s help to get them all hung up.

Old Window turned Picture Frame or Coat Rack – My Mom’s sweet friend, Miss Lainey, gave me an old window. I have wanted one for awhile so when Miss Lainey asked my Mom if she had any use for an old window, my Mom told her I had mentioned wanting when so it became mine. It is now sitting on my back porch waiting for me to show it some attention. I haven’t decided if I will turn it into a coat rack similar to this or use it as a picture frame similar to that. If I turned it in to a coat rack, then I’d have to rearrange some furniture in order to hang it near the front door and that seems like a lot of trouble just to have a spot to hang something but we shall see what I eventually decide.

Re-Vamp an Old Mirror – My Mom recently told me I could have this gorgeous old mirror that is hanging in one of the spare bedrooms at her house. It originally belonged to my Grandmother and was green. When my Mom acquired it years ago, she painted it dark brown. It does need some love, like a fresh coat of paint but it has some beautiful scrollwork at the top. I am thinking of hanging it in our bedroom and painting it a light shade of teal that matches some of the other things in my bedroom. Although my Grandmother hated blue so I don’t think she’d be happy to see her old mirror painted teal so I’m also considering cream which an accent color I have used in our bedroom. Either way, I may attempt to distress it a bit. I have never distressed anything before and I personally don’t typically like the look of distressing but thought it might be nice on this mirror since it is old. And if I do distress it and don’t like the end result I could always start over.

Faux Organic Bloom Frames - I love the look of Organic Bloom frames but do not love the price. I want to create some similar for my studio.

What crafty goals do you have for 2012?

1 comment:

  1. I bet that mirror will look great when you've worked your magic on it. I have so many things that I want to get done, not really in 2012, just in the few months that my parents are in FL.

    ReplyDelete