Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's a Hard Life

The first time I heard the song Hard Life by Brad Paisley tears welled up in my eyes. It felt like the song was written for my Noahie. I made J listen to it the next day and he immediately felt it too.



The chorus says:
"Yeah, it's a hard life
But I'm okay
If I didn't have this, I wouldn't be who I am today
And I have lots of friends
Oh, and I have love
And yeah, I have a hard life but in some ways everybody does" 

The part about having lots of friends and love just about makes me do the ugly cry Oprah loathes. J and I have always said that although Noah may not be able to run a marathon or be the CEO of a huge corporation, he has already in his short life touched many people lives and he has SO many people that love him. Every time something big happens in our lives, like Noah's Scoliosis surgery last year or the recent grand mal seizure emergency J and I are always humbled at the amount of prayers, thoughts, and love shown to Noah and our family. People who have never even met me or my child in person have shown him tremendous love.

Not every person is lucky enough to receive the amount of love that Noah has in his life and I think love and kindness from others can make living a hard life just a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment