Thursday, January 26, 2012

Easy No Sew Curtains

I made these curtains last summer when I was working on my creative studio but never got around to posting the pictures. Since the challenge is window treatments this week at The CSI Project I thought I'd take pictures and share.



So these curtains actually started with two top/flat sheets that I bought individually at WalMart for about 5 bucks each. They have a great selection of colors that are perfect for various projects and I obviously chose teal since the color scheme in my creative studio is teal, black, and white.

So to create a hole to run the curtain rod through, I just turned the sheets over and made a small slit on each side of the wide seam at the top of the sheets careful just to cut the back side and not all the way through to the front. Then you just run the rod through and hang it! It should look something like this......



It's seriously THAT simple!

They looked a little plain though and I wanted to tie in some black and white to match the rest of my creative studio so I had some black and white damask fabric left over from another project that I thought would work great to create a valance of sorts. I also grabbed some Stitch Witchery, black ribbon, and my iron and got to work.

First, I traced a bowl on to some cardstock. Then I cut it in half. I then traced a bunch of those on to my fabric and cut them all out. Following the instructions on the Stitch Witchery, I adhered the half circles to the black ribbon just slightly overlapping them and then I attached them to the curtain rods.

It was a pretty easy project and inexpensive and I'm pleased with how they turned out.





Linking to the parties listed in my sidebar
and
Visit thecsiproject.com

7 comments:

  1. Love the detail of scallops you added to the top. That is a great way to 'fancy' the bed sheet up. Great post! Would love to have you come link-up at Finished it Friday! Have a fabulous weekend! ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley said:
    Oh what a neat idea. I think that I will go to the discount store and see if can find some sheets. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! LOVE!! Hope you can link this up at my turquoise lovin' party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/01/turquoise-lovin-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project is awesome! Yay for no sew!! It would be super cool if would come by today to enter my giveaway for a $50 Lowe's gift card and to link up to my very first party! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/imagine-the-impossibilities-link-party-1/
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Love these curtains! I love that they are no sew too.. Im sewing impaired. Haha. Thanks for a great idea :)

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to stop in again. Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge! Karah

    ReplyDelete