Here's how mine turned out.........
Aren't they adorable? I think they'd make a great stocking stuffer or a sweet little gift for a neighbor, friend, teacher, or co-worker! Want to know how I made them?? Let's get started!
You will need:
Round peppermint patties (I admit that these were difficult to find! I searched about 6 stores before I finally found the round ones. The Christmas ones that are red and green are not in round packages, they are in square packages and I don't think they'd work too well for this.)
Adhesive of your choice (I used glue dots and my Xyron machine)
Pretezel Bags (You can find these in the cake decorating/candy section of your local craft store.)
1 1/2 inch circle punch
2 inch scallop circle punch
Snowman face printable which you can download here
1. Print your snowman faces out and punch one out with the circle punch. Punch 2 more circles out of white cardstock with the circle punch.
2. Punch 6 scalloped circles using the scalloped punch out of black cardstock. Punch 6 circles out of the black cardstock using a regular hole punch. These will become your buttons.
3. Adhere each of the white circles to one of the black scalloped circles. I ran the white circles through my Xyron machine but you could just use glue dots for these as well. Now, using the glue dots glue these to the front of your Peppermint Patties.
4. Adhere the small black circle "buttons" to the middle and lower part of your snowman and a black hat to snowman's face. (I cut the black hat using a shape I created in the Silhouette software but you could free hand one or find one online to use as a guide.)
5. Adhere the three remaining black scalloped circles to the back of each of the Peppermint Patties.
6. Grab the middle and lowest part of your snowman and turn those over. Put a small piece of tape on the back to keep them together. Slide them into your pretzel bag.
7. Loosely tie a piece of ribbon around the bag to be your snowman's scarf.
8. Add the snowman's face to the pretzel bag. Fold the bag down in the back and tape it closed.
And you are done!
I big puffy heart these snow patties!
(Linking up to the craft parties listed in my sidebar)