Monday, June 7, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 2: Picnic

It's Day 2 of Creativity Boot Camp. I really enjoyed today's journaling prompt which was about whether or not you view yourself as an artist. I may post it or share bits of it with you when I'm completely done with it.

Today's random word prompt (which is what we have to use as the subject or theme of our work for that day) was HARD for me. It is picnic. My first thought was how the heck am I gonna do "picnic" in a hospital setting? I started thinking outside the box and staring out the hospital window when it came to me.

I don't think it's quite as beautiful as some of the other ones I've seem from other participants but I'm actually pleased with it for what I had to work with. The security guard at the hospital was looking at me like I belonged in the psych word while I was taking the photos. 


I want to stretch myself creatively during CBC so I'm trying different editing techniques. I used my first ever texture!

So with out further adieu, here's my take on "picnic." I titled it "A Working Lunch." 




3 comments:

  1. This is great! I really admire your dedication to this experience! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job considering your circumstances! Good for you juggling everything and still having time to be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Making the best of the situation!

    ReplyDelete