Friday, September 23, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Growing

It’s Friday – the day where I join other bloggers and take five short minutes to just write from the heart. Five Minute Friday is hosted by Gypsy Mama and this week’s prompt is growing.

I can't believe how much my "baby boy" is growing lately! It sounds so weird just calling him a baby because he is so far from it. In fact, next month he will celebrate his 15th birthday. It's different with his special needs though - in some ways he is a typical 14 year old but in other ways he isn't. 
Physically he is on the small side but boy is he growing. I was floored to find out at his Doctor appointment the other day that he is 5 foot 3. I'm only 5 foot 4! He doesn't seem that tall since he is always sitting. He is also 71 pounds! I typically think of myself as kind of a weak (physically) but I have started thinking a little bit differently. I'm lifting a 71 pound child multiple times a day; that definitely doesn't make me weak in my book. 

Not only is he growing physically and developmentally, but I'm growing as a person and a Mother. I am such a different Mom from the one I was when he was born nearly 15 years ago. 

I don't care how much he more grows, how much taller than me he gets, or how much heavier he will become - he will always be my baby boy. 

"I'll love him forever, 
I'll like him for always, 
as long as I'm living, 
my baby he'll be."

No comments:

Post a Comment