Friday, July 22, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Full

It’s Friday – the day where I join other bloggers and take five short minutes to just write from the heart. Five Minute Friday is hosted by Gypsy Mama and this week’s prompt is full.

There are where by the end of the day, I'm exhausted and left feeling empty. It's those days where nothing seems to go right that leave me feeling the emptiest; the days when Noah's behavior has been trying my patience all day long, the phone has rung off the hook, the washing machine broke, and I burned dinner. I know you have had those days too.

As a Mom and wife, sometimes it is hard for me to take time out for myself. I get so caught up in making a pretty home, taking care of my son, and my husband that at times I forget to take time out for me. I'm happy to report that I think I have actually gotten better at that over this years and I've learned that when I'm feeling empty, I need to take some time for me to fill up my tank again. I've learned that taking time out for me isn't a sign of weakness like I once thought, it's actually a sign of strength knowing when to say "Enough is enough. I need a break." And usually after a hot bath, blogging or journaling, a cup of tea, talking with my Mom or a  friend, venting to my hubby, getting some snuggles from my little man, praying, crafting, watching a movie, or just taking some "me" time, I start feeling full again.

Like anyone, I too have days where I am left weary but as a whole, when I step back and look at the big picture of my life, I'm blessed to be able to say that it is very full. My life is full of friends and family both near and far. My life is full of love. My life is full of blessings. My heart: it's overflowing it is so full of love for the family and friends I choose to surround myself with.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how full you can get after just some short time for yourself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... Motherhood seems to me like a dance between filling and pouring and emptying... and doing it all over again...
    :)

    ReplyDelete