Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bulletin Board Makeover

This is another project I created for my Creative Studio. I just started off with a plain boring but functional bulletin board from the Dollar Tree that I have had for ages. 


This bulletin board has a frame that is difficult to remove. (I've tried!) So, ultimately I decided to leave it the bulletin board color. That really doesn't bother me that much especially since I created cute thumbtacks! 



Anyways, I put some paper on top of the bulletin board part and taped it down then I painted the frame teal. I made an simple rosette (favorite rosette tutorial here) out of some black and white polka dot fabric and glued it on the frame. 

My favorite part of this bulletin board is the thumbtacks! I just used a package of black and white buttons I bought at Hobby Lobby, some strong glue (E-6000 is my strong glue of choice), and some thumbtacks. I glued the thumbtacks to the back of the buttons. On some of the buttons, I threaded a bit of skinny light teal ribbon through and tied a little knot. 




Easy and cute! 


(Linking up to the parties listed in my sidebar)


7 comments:

  1. Love it! Your creative studio is coming right along, and it is SO you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new bulletin board here! What a great job here!
    Stopping by from Fingerprints on the Fridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS! I have the SAME one from Dollar Tree, I just LOVE what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and funky! I especially love the tacks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great!! What a wonderful accessory! I am visiting from C.R.A.F.T. and I am a new follower! Hope you have a great day and I look forward to seeing you around soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. You've made a very plain pinboard into a feature. Well done.

    ReplyDelete