Friday, September 14, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Focus


It’s Friday – the day where I join other bloggers and take five short minutes to just write from the heart. Five Minute Friday is hosted by Gypsy Mama and this week’s prompt is FOCUS.


I’ve been using the word focus in my daily life a lot lately. It’s my newest word to use with Noah. He gets distracted easily and I’ll tell him to focus on whatever we are trying to do at that moment. For example, he wants the TV off and everything quiet when he is trying to take a sip of his drink. The rest of the world isn’t going to accommodate that like I will so I’m trying to teach him to just drink anyways and I’ll say “Just focus on me, Noah. Focus on my voice and tune out the rest.” It’s working and sometimes I find myself not even having to remind him to focus.

I find myself focusing on things lately too. I’m trying to focus on the bigger picture which to me equates spending time with friends and family. Over the weekend when my BFF and family were all here for my Mom’s birthday party, I reminded myself to focus on them. My time with some of them (like my BFF, my brother, and my Aunt) is so far and few between that I knew I needed to focus on being in the moment and spending time with them and not get distracted by worrying about little things like my blog or getting on Facebook or those little distractions that are abundant in everyday life.

As we head into fall which becomes a busy season for many of us, I want to remind myself to focus on what’s important and not get bogged down by the little distractions.

2 comments:

  1. It's SO easy to get distracted by the little things! Sometimes it's okay, but sometimes you need to focus on the bigger picture.

    ReplyDelete