Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Number Centerpiece

One of the things I made for my Mom's big 60th birthday bash was a wooden 60 centerpiece. I had originally planned on sitting it next to the cake but ended up using it on the entry table. It wasn't too terribly hard to make although I must warn you that the gluing steps will require extra patience. 

I think these would not only be great to have out at a child's or adult's birthday party but they would also make great table number pieces for weddings and cute decor for the 4th of July or New Year's Eve. 


To make your own you will need:
Wooden numbers (I got mine at Hobby Lobby.)
Round wooden plaque (also from Hobby Lobby)
Paint
Foam brush
Glue (I started off trying with wood glue but that wasn't holding so I switched to E-6000.)
Ribbon (optional)
Embellishments (optional)
Sanding Block



What you'll do: 
1. Sand your plaque and numbers a little bit if you think they need it. 
2. Paint your numbers and wooden plaque in the color(s) of your choosing. 
3. Once dry, glue one of your numbers to the plaque by liberally applying glue to the bottom of your number (do one at a time if using two numbers). Hold it down firmly in place for a few minutes. Let it completely dry before gluing on the other number.
4. Embellish away using ribbon, flowers, stickers, rhinestones, etc. 

And that's it! You now have a super cute number centerpiece!




(Linking to the parties listed in my sidebar)




2 comments:

  1. what a great idea! i wish i would have thought of this when i was planning my mom's 60th birhday dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea a lot. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete