Monday, October 24, 2011

Witch Hat

Last year I really wanted a witch hat for my Halloween mantle but I never found/made one in time so back at the end of August when I saw these paper mache witch hats at Michael's, I grabbed one.

Source 

At first, I was going to decoupage Halloween themed scrapbook paper onto the hat but then I decided I wanted something more subtle and plain. So I painted the hat black with acrylic paint and then when it dried, brushed on a layer of glitter paint to give it some sparkle.

Then I made a satin flower, wrapped some ribbon around the bottom of the hat and glued the satin flower on.



 Simple and cute!

Now it sits on my mantle with my little witch and the "spells" book I made last year. 

(Linking up to the craft link parties listed in my sidebar)

2 comments:

  1. Nice hat - are you planning to wear it when you hand out all your goodies you've been working on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'll keep an eye out for these!

    ReplyDelete