Monday, October 3, 2011
Onion Soup Pork Chops and Rice
4 boneless pork chops
1 cup of white rice
1 dry onion soup packet
1 small onion
1. Cut your onion. I just cut mine into strips but if you'd prefer to dice it then go right ahead.
2. Spray your pan with cooking spray and sauté your onions until golden brown. Remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
3. Add a bit more cooking spray and then brown your pork chops in the same pan. You don't really need to worry about them getting cooked all the way through. Just brown them for some color.
4. In a glass baking dish, add the cup of rice. Add about 1/2 - 3/4 of your onion soup packet and your cooked onions on top of the rice. Add 3 cups of hot water and stir.
5. Add your browned pork chops to the dish and sprinkle with the remaining soup mix.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40-50 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked throughout and the liquid has evaporated.