Here's another non-edible Halloween treat for the kiddos!
Halloween Pencils and Erasers
These are super quick to put together and inexpensive to make.
You will need:
Halloween Pencils and Erasers (I got mine at The Dollar Tree.)
Pretzel Bags (Long and skinny cello bags found in the cake decorating section at the craft store.)
Sticky strip or some type of adhesive
Halloween themed scrapbook Paper
Scissors or Paper Trimmer
What You will Do:
1. Cut your scrapbook paper into strips that are 10 1/2 inches long and 2 inches wide. These measurements should hold 3 pencils - if you want it to hold more than 3 pencils, you will need to adjust the width.
2. Fold your strips in half.
3. Put sticky strip on one half as close to the edges of each side as you can get. It should look like something like this:
4. Peel off the backing on the sticky strips and then fold the paper to close it. You should now have a little pouch for your pencils to slide into.
5. Slide your pencils in. I find it easier to put one pencil in first and kind of work it around a little bit to get it loose and then add the other 2 pencils.
6. Slide the pencil pouch into the cello bag and then slide in the eraser on top of the pencil pouch. I did not use tape or anything on the erasers and they did slide around a lot in the bags so next time I make these, I may put a small piece of sticky strip on the back of the eraser to hold it in place.
7. Fold the bag over and close it with a small piece of regular tape. You could also close it with a cute Halloween sticker or label.
And now you have a practical Halloween treat!
Linking up to the parties listed in my sidebar