Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Light Banana Cream Pie

Continuing with one of my goals for 2011 to make a new recipe every week, my recipe for last week was a desert recipe; a light version of banana cream pie. I was actually craving old fashioned banana pudding and thought this might be a nice substitute so I decided to give it a try. It was a hit!  I found the original recipe here but I made some changes to it. My altered recipe is below. 


Ingredients:
9 inch reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
2 bananas 
1/4 cup low fat sour cream 
1/4 cup low fat cream cheese (needs to be room temperature)
1 (8 oz) container of fat free cool whip (needs to be room temperature)
2 Tbsp. of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract


1. Put the sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix with a mixer until smooth. 
2. Mash one of your bananas up with a fork. Add mashed banana to the mixture in the bowl and mix until the banana is well incorporated. 
3. Add the cool whip and mix for a minute more until the cool whip is well mixed.
4. Thinly slice your remaining banana and put the slices in the bottom of the graham cracker pie crust. 
5. Add the creamy mixture on top of the bananas. 
6. Cover and let it refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours before serving.


Yum-o!


(Linking to some of the linky parties listed in my sidebar.)





2 comments:

  1. "Yum-O" is right! I think I like your version better, actually. Making me crave something sweet now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good - I think I'll be trying it out for V-day next week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete