Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals for 2011

I'm not really one of those who makes "New Year's Resolutions" because often times I feel that I set myself up for failure with those. I have made some goals for 2011.


First of all, I want to try and eat healthier. Notice I didn't say "loose weight" although that is certainly what I would like for the consequence of watching what I eat to become but I'm hesitant to make "loosing weight" a goal because I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. (I'm 34 - I know what works with me by now!) But I do want to start eating healthier, exercising, and ultimately shed some pounds. In conjunction with that, I want to try one new recipe every other week.  And I plan on sharing those recipes that are keepers with you hear on the blog. I also have a healthy eating "buddy" who is also wanting to make some lifestyle changes regarding her eating habits so we are hoping we can encourage one another. 


Secondly, I want to organize my studio/office. In all honesty, it's not that bad. But it could be better. The office/studio houses all my photography equipment, office stuff, craft supplies, and things for BirthMom Buds. That's a lot to go in one little room but it can be done. The closet in the studio is crappy. It has no shelves. J bought the wood to make the shelves yesterday and I painted them today so I am already well on my way to organization in the studio,


Thirdly, I want to see one of the manuscripts I've written or co-written come to complete fruition and be published in book format. Getting there will require some work on my part, but I have a weekly plan for that. 


Fourth, I want to recognize and acknowledge the little things in life. I was totally inspired by this post about a simple glass of ice water. Too often I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and this year I want to stop and take the time to recognize the little blessings that we often take for granted. 


Lastly, I want to write more and grow my photography business more. I already have a couple of things in the works photography wise for spring. And just in the past few days, I've been writing more so now I just need to keep that up. 


It feels good to start the new year off with some goals and plans for following them through. Do you have any goals for 2011?

2 comments:

  1. You should ask your brother to share our 'When Healthy Met Hungry' cookbook that we created a few years ago and have been using RELIGIOUSLY ever since. It has HUNDREDS of recipes, divided into easy-reference sections (chicken, seafood, vegetarian, side dishes, desserts...) So many of them are proof that even the best, classic, feel good dishes can be made healthy- less calories, less fat, less salt, more protein, more fiber, etc. It definitely takes some time for your body- and your mind- to get used to the different (ie. less indulgent) tastes- no, you no longer use whole containers of cheeses and sauces and full fat whatever- but it WILL get used to it and it will eventually ENJOY the new tastes. And even better, your body will FEEL better than you could ever imagine. Sorry for the book- it's just a really big topic for me and I love helping people turn that part of their lives around! And trust me, if I can help my husband and your brother learn to LIKE eating healthier, higher quality food- and lose 25+lbs as a byproduct!- then anyone can do it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, no worries for the long comment. I know this is a topic you are passionate about. You really should start a blog about it! Andy sent me the cookbook back when yall created it and it's been sitting in my saved files. I just dug it out last night and found lots of things to try!

    ReplyDelete