Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Little Moments in Life

Here's a multi-lingual conversation I had with Noah tonight in a combination of Noahnese, ASL, and English. 







Noah: Momma, hold me tight. (This means put both arms around him and squeeze as tight as you can.) 


Momma: Ok, buddy. 






Noah: More hold me tight Momma.







Momma: Ok, Ok, I'm holding you as tight as I can. 


Noah: I love Clemson.
I love the Tigers.
I love orange.

Momma: What about me?

Noah: Shakes his head no all the while wearing a twirpy grin.

Momma: You don't love Momma?

Noah: Shakes his head Noah.
I love Clemson.

Momma: Well, Clemson loves ya too buddy.

Noah: Biggest. Laugh. Ever


Oh, I love that little guy more than words will ever explain. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he makes me cry, he makes me humble, and he makes me blessed -  all at the same time.


As each day passes we grow closer to "S day" I grow more and more leary of the thought of letting doctors cuts open my baby! But I know it is for the best. As we draw closer to the surgery date I find myself catching, remembering and journaling these little moments. We all should be soaking them in and letting them build up. Lise is too precious not too but then again I guess we get caught up with the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives.

That lil' convo was a gift to my heart. A blessing through this ordeal. I will contunie  too look for little blessings on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment