Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thirteen Years Ago Today


Thirteen years ago today, October 25th, 1996 a very special little boy entered my life weighing in at a whopping 4 pounds and 12 ounces. He arrived six weeks early and that should have been a sign to me that he would always be an impatient little one. As that tiny little boy was whisked off to the NICU my world changed in a moment. I knew love as I never had before, I knew love as a Mother.

While Noah's birth was big news in my little world, it wasn't the only thing going on in the big world at the time.........
  • Bill Clinton was President and Al Gore was Vice President.
  • Gas was $1.29 a gallon.
  • The Macarena by Los Del Rio, Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion, and Always Be my Baby by Mariah Carey were some of the hits.
  • The English Patient won an Academy Award in ’96.
  • Friends, The X Files, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman were some of the most popular TV shows at the time.
Source

1 comment:

  1. I love you,Nic, and Im so so proud of you!! Thanks for the gift of Noah and thanks for letting us share his life!

    Kami

    ReplyDelete