Friday, April 24, 2009

Busy Time of the Year

This is my super busy time of the year. Why, you may be asking? Because of what season it is!  Every year BirthMom Buds hosts an annual “Birthmother’s Day Celebration” in Charlotte, NC (or that’s where it’s been the past 3 years) that is typically held on Birthmother’s Day which is the Saturday before Mother’s Day. This year we are doing things differently and having it the weekend before Mother’s Day which is next weekend!!  Every year, we choose a different theme and I (along with the help of others) plan décor around that theme. Aside from just having fun and fellowship with other birthmothers, we have breakout sessions, speakers, a candle light ceremony, door prizes, and more. It really is a fun (but exhausting!) day.  (Check out some of our fun from past events here.)

I’m stoked about this year’s theme which is The Road Less Traveled which I “borrowed” from Mr. Frost’s poem. It’s a theme that really makes sense to me for birthmothers but it is also a very “out of the box” type theme and has challenged me to get really creative with the centerpieces. But it’s been fun and I can’t wait to see what everyone thinks of what I’ve come up with! And an added bonus to all of that is getting to spend time with my BFF, Holly, and Melanie, as well as seeing all the familiar faces of birthmoms from the past few years. 

Also, it's the busiest time of the year with the cards I sell at Heartmark Designs. Although, cards sells are a lot slower this year than they have been in the past. I'm totally blaming that one on the economy!

So, needless to say, the next week will be super busy as I finish up last minute projects, tweak the program, plan the breakout session I will lead, wrap door prizes, and I could go on with more things to do but I won’t bore you with the details. Plus I have to juggle my normal everyday stuff like IEP meetings, baseball, writing, Heartmark Designs, etc. 

If I’m quiet next week, now you know why! 

1 comment:

  1. I could not be more appreciative of this remarkable woman. She makes it look to easy at times with all she dose. I can't wait to see my BFF and work together on master piece we both created a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete