Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Butterfly Quote Bag

I have been a busy bee lately working on other things, but the other night I decided I want to craft something just for ME. My new love is definitely freezer paper stenciling - I can't seem to get enough of it and I had some plain tote bags sitting in the closet that I got on sale forever ago for another project that never got completed (please tell me I'm not the only one who that happens to) so I grabbed the teal (one of my fave colors) one, some scrap fabric, some freezer paper, some scrap lace from my stash and some paint and got to work. 


First I used my Silhouette machine to cut out a couple of different sized butterflies from the fabric that I had already ironed Heat-n-Bond to. Then I used the Silhouette to cut a favorite quote out of the freezer paper. I laid my butterflies on the bag where I wanted them to go and positioned the quote around them. I ironed the quote down and started painting. I just used regular old brown (ok, it's called espresso, much better name than "regular old brown") acrylic paint mixed with textile medium to paint on the bag. I then patiently waited for the paint to dry, peeled off the freezer paper, and it was pretty much perfect. (I love the high you get when you first peel off the freezer paper and realized it worked and it looks good!)  I ironed down my butterflies, glued on my lace and got this.....................









Ok, time to get back to all the other stuff I need to do! 


Linking up to the crafty parties listed in my sidebar
and
Serenity Now Crafty Cutter Party

4 comments:

  1. Oh Coley, ya know this is right up my alley! I LOVE it friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, I thought of you when I found came across this quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so pretty! I know just what you mean...we get so busy crafting things for others that we forget to make things for ourselves. ;) My "Crafty Cutter" party goes up tomorrow. I hope you'll link this up if you have a chance. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you stopped by to link this up!! :) Hope you're having fun "partying." ;)

    ReplyDelete