Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Mantel

I thought I'd share a few pictures of my Christmas mantel.

The mantel

Close up of the Left side of the Mantel which features a red glitter tree, custom Christmas subway art, a Santa's belly candle holder, and a "present topiary." 

Close up of the present topiary which is just three different boxes I bought at the Dollar Store. They are printed nesting boxes and came together as a set. I covered them with scrapbooking paper, set them on top of one another, and tied a bow. So simple but cute.

Close up of the red glitter tree. A green glitter tree is at the other end of the mantel.
I made them following a tutorial at Eighteen25.
Close up of the Santa's belly candle holder
I made it by spray painting a candle holder red and just gluing on black ribbon and a blingy faux belt buckle from the craft store.

 A close up of the right side of the mantel
See that green bucket with the candy canes in it there? That was Noah's contribution to the mantel. He bought the candy canes at the school store and wanted something to put them in. I bought the bucket thinking we'd sit it on a side table. He insisted it go on the mantel. How could I resist his cuteness?


1 comment:

  1. cute mantel! i am having so much fun decorating a mantel for the first time ever!

    ReplyDelete