Friday, August 23, 2013

Snow Globe Card

This week's Festive Friday Theme Challenge is to create a card with a Children's Theme. That's a pretty big theme so I started thinking what I wanted to make. I started thinking of my Noah and the things he likes related to Christmas. (OK, so if you have read this blog long you know Noah likes ALL things related to Christmas!) But two things he really loves are snow globes (which he calls wish wishes) and reindeer. So I decided to make a reindeer snow globe card!



I cut a circle using a large circle punch and then stamped the reindeer from a Recollections set. I then masked the reindeer and stamped a Christmas tree from the same set. I colored them both in with my colored pencils. Then I cut a piece of light brown cardstock into a rectangle and rounded the corners of it to be the base for my snow globe. I adhered everything to my and stamped "Merry Christmas" in red from the same stamp set onto the base of the snow globe. Lastly, I added some clear Stickles to the tree and a red rhinestone to the reindeer's nose. 



I really love how it turned out!

To see more cute Children's Themed Holiday Projects, head over to the Festive Friday Blog!



3 comments:

  1. Love your fun Christmas scene! the images are perfect for this challenge and the polka dots add to the fun! The shape makes me think of a snowglobe, with the polka dots as the falling snow - very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, Nicole...and perfect for a children's theme! (Love those fun polka dots!) Thanks for adding to the fun at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love all things Christmas? Of course, I am the one who had the idea to make holiday stuff all year long, so I am certainly biased...

    Your reindeer is SO cute, and I LOVE his sparkly nose! So perfect for our theme, thank you so much for sharing it with us (and I am so sorry I am late with visiting you!)

    ReplyDelete