Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Little Word 2013

My word for 2012 was breathe. It was a great word for the year. When I decided on breathe, Noah had just had his first ever (and only!) grand mal seizure and my world had been rocked so breathe felt like a perfect word. And it was a very good word. I repeated it to myself, reflected on it, and used it all through out the entire year.

But in some ways I feel like I just breathed and got through the year. This year, I want to enjoy the year and all the little moments. So my word for 2013 is............



I want to find the joy in the all the moments - good and bad. I do think there are small spots of joy to be found in bad times, you just have to look harder to find them. I also think sometimes joy is a choice - you can choose to see the negative in a situation or you can choose to find the positive, the joyful so I am choosing joy. I'm also reading the 1,000 Gifts Devotional book so I think that will help me find the everyday joy.

And I want to build off of what I learned in 2012. I want to breathe in the situation, breathe in the moments, breathe in my life and then I want to find the joy and breathe in the joy.

Have you chosen a word for 2013? What is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment