Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Noah's Clemson Quilt

Noah received a big surprise in the mail yesterday! 



He received a beautiful quilt from Love Quilts


Love Quilts is a group of cross stitchers who create quilts for children with special needs and life long or life threatening illnesses. Each quilt square is cross stitched by hand by different members of their group from all over the United States. Each quilt has a theme which guides them in what type of squares to create for the quilt. 


When I was asked about a theme for Noah's quilt, I knew that he'd want a Clemson quilt but I wasn't sure if they would know what Clemson was so I suggested football and baseball done in orange and purple with Clemson in parentheses but when I received the email from Noah's Love Quilt contact, she told me she knew all about Clemson, that she too lived in South Carolina and her daughter went to Clemson so she knew of Clemson cross stitch patterns and what not. 

(Collage of close up photos I took of some of the quilt squares)

What resulted is an absolutely beautiful and special baseball and football Clemson themed quilt that Noah LOVES. 



We want to say a very special THANK YOU to all of the lovely ladies from Love Quilts who lovingly made squares for Noah's quilt. It is so special and something Noah (and his parents!) will treasure for years to come. 




2 comments:

  1. Awesome! <3 What a beautiful quilt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing! They're really some talented ladies. Coincidentally, I have a friend who went to Clemson, so I am oddly familiar with it, even though I live on the other side of the country.

    ReplyDelete