Tuesday, September 7, 2010
White Chicken Lasagna
When I posted that I was making this for dinner on my Facebook status many people commented that they'd like the recipe so I thought I'd share it here!
3 cups of cooked chicken (I used the Tyson brand you buy in the store that is already cooked and cut in strips. I just chop the strips into bite sized pieces.)
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
Lasagna noodles (I use the kind that you do not have to boil first.)
2 boxes of frozen spinach
1 container of ricotta cheese
1 package of Mozzarella cheese
1. Defrost your frozen spinach and then strain in a colander getting out as much water as possible. Mix the ricotta cheese with the spinach and a splash of the Alfredo sauce.
2. In your baking dish, pour a bit of the Alfredo sauce to line the bottom of the pan. Place enough lasagna noodles in the bottom to cover the dish.|
3. Pour some of the Alfredo sauce on top of the noodles. (I probably pour about 1/2 a cup.)
4. Place half of your diced chicken on top of the noodles.
5. Place one half of the spinach ricotta cheese mixture on top of the chicken.
6. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
7. Now add another layer of noodles, another layer of sauce, the rest of the chicken, spinach and ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 55 minutes.
9. Remove foil and bake for another 10 or so minutes until the top is golden brown.