Thursday, March 25, 2010

Moving Forward with Noah's Surgery

We met with another surgeon today - a pediatric surgeon. He agreed with the other surgeons that Noah definitely needs the surgery and he also felt that there could be pulmonary problems (like his lungs not having enough room to breathe down the line) which has always been a huge worry of mine.  We liked him, felt comfortable with him, and got a good vibe from him (and it didn't hurt that he had on a Scooby Doo tie - kidding!) so we decided to move forward with the surgery. We don't have a date yet. It will be sometime this summer hopefully.There's still some differences between what this surgeon says versus the other surgeon and I'm not real sure how I feel about that. I know that each doctor is probably going to do things a bit differently based on different training, schooling, and experiences and I just have to trust that God's hands will be guiding this surgery.

I feel relieved that things are finally moving forward but I feel uneasy at the same time if that makes any sense. My baby is going to have "brutal surgery!" It's scary! We are definitely going to need all the support, thoughts, and prayers we can get from our family, friends, and prayer warriors as we get closer to the surgery!!


  1. My prayers are with all of you as the surgery date approaches and especially during the surgery and recovery. Noah is sooo very brave :)