Thursday, May 17, 2012

Yarn Wrapped Vase and Votive Holder


I created the vase (and matching candle holders) you may have noticed in the "Sweet Surprise" post to use as part of the decor for the BirthMom Buds fiesta themed retreat


It was quiet simple to make. I just started off with a vase and two candle holders both from The Dollar Tree, along with a ball of yarn, and some clear tacky glue. Since I was creating this for a brightly colored Fiesta, I chose bright, multi-colored yarn but you could certainly use a single color or a combo of colors. 


To begin, start at the bottom and put a little bit of glue all the way around the bottom of the vase. Hold it for a minute and then just start circling the yarn around the vase going up the vase. Every couple of passes around, you'll want to take a finger and just push the yarn on the vase down a little bit just to keep it nice and tight. 

I put a little more glue in the middle and just continued wrapping around and pushing down until I was almost at the top. Then I put a little more glue on the top, finished wrapping, and cut it off. I made sure that my starting point and ending point were both on the same side of the vase just in case it showed too much but honestly you couldn't really tell once it was all done. 


To make the votive holders, you'll do the exact same thing! 


And now you have a fun little set.



I think this one is perfect for summer! 



(Linking to the parties listed on my sidebar)

3 comments:

  1. So frickin' cute. I know I've already said that, but I seriously HAVE to do this. It would make such cute decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. I have all our yarn out for a project we just did. Maybe I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete