Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hope Quote Plaque

One of my very favorite quotes is this one by one of my very favorite poets, Emily Dickinson. 

"Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without words
and never stops at all." 

That quote just screams spring to me so I decided to make something for my spring mantel featuring that quote. I started with an old tacky plaque from The Dollar Tree. I think these make the perfect base for projects like these. 

I created the quote in my Silhouette studio software and simply printed it on some paper that I think sorta resembles the sky. Then I purchased an awesome spring tree cut and print file in the Silhouette store by Lori Whitlock. I just re-sized it a bit, printed it out on white cardstock, and then I let the Silhouette machine cut out each individual piece. I used a glue pen to adhere the tree to the plaque first. Then I ran all the flowers, leaves, and birdies through my Xyron machine and stuck them on the plaque. 



I love how it turned out! 




 (Linking up to the parties listed in my sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment