Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Banana Berry Smoothie

It has been really HOT here in the South lately. I find myself craving cold things like lots of salads and smoothies! This is a smoothie recipe I made up myself using trial and error with ingredients I had on hand in my kitchen. It seriously took less than five minutes to throw together and was ice cold and delicious - perfect for a sweltering summer day in the South!


Ingredients:
1 small banana
4-5 strawberries
1 packet of Splenda
1 cup water 
1 Tablespoon of milk
2-3 ice cubes


What to do:
1. Wash and cut the stems off your strawberries and cut them in half. Peel your banana and cut into chunks. Put the banana and strawberries in your blender.
2. Add the Splenda, milk, water, and ice cubes. Blend in your blender until it comes to a Smoothie like consistency. 
3. Pour into a glass and enjoy! 


This recipe made one large one for me and small one for Noah. 


Nutritional Info (for the entire recipe) Calories: 104.4, Total Fat: 0.5 g, Cholesterol: 0.0 mg, Sodium: 7.1 mg, Total Carbs: 27.5 g, Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g, Protein: 1.4 g


Linking up to the parties in my sidebar

No comments:

Post a Comment