Friday, June 21, 2013

8 Years

Eight years ago today, we lost our baby girl. Although I lost her while I was pregnant with her and she'd never take a breath on earth, she was still very much a part of me. I had lots of hopes and dreams during that way too short pregnancy and they died along with Darcy. But I didn't lose hope. Because I am a Christian, I know I will get to hold Darcy again in heaven one day.

I feel blessed to have carried Darcy and am comforted by the fact that on my darkest days I am carried by Him.

This song sums it up....


One final thought; people never really know how to deal with me on this day. They are thinking things like Should they say something? Should they not? If they say something, will that bring it up? What if I was having a great day and they say something and bring it all back?

Let me explain that I will never ever be able to forget what happened on this day. This day isn't as bad as it has been in the past; each year is a bit different but I will never forget so yes, please say something. It's healing and helpful to know that while I may be the one who carried her, I am not the only one who loves her and remembers her.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you Honey you've had heartbreaking things in your life time & show it well to public,but no ones knows heat break you go through silently..The gates Heven will be wide open for you when your day arrives..And you have wonderful family all so..Thank's keep up great work you do.,,Cookie

    ReplyDelete