Monday, November 29, 2010

Snowman Christmas Wreath

I needed a Christmas wreath for the door and loved my Halloween wreath so much that I created this one in a very similar fashion. 

What you'll need:
Wreath form (I got mine at The Dollar Tree making this an inexpensive project.)
Scrapbooking paper (I used 3 sheets.)
Glue stick
Coordinating ribbon
Ornament (I knew I wanted the wreath to have a jingle bell on it and when I spotted the little snowman jingle bell ornament at Michael's on 50 % off I opted to go with it instead of a plain jingle bell.) 
Ribbon
Hot glue gun

What to do:
1. Cut your scrapbook paper in to strips. Mine are about 1 inch wide.
2. Wrap your strips around your wreath form and secure them in the back of your wreath using your glue stick. If you find this isn't strong enough, you could use hot glue or even tape but it worked fine for me.
3. Continue to wrap your strips all the way around the wreath form overlapping them as you go.
4. Make a bow with your ribbon and glue it on using your glue gun. I added a simple snowflake embellishment to the middle of the red bow. 
6. Add your ornament to the wreath and secure it with  hot glue in the back of the wreath.
7. Hang it on your door to greet all your holiday guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment