Thursday, December 12, 2013

Santa-tizers for Nurses

Noah, my son who has cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and autism) gets 15 hours of having a PCA (personal care aide) a week. We have had some not so great PCAs in the past several months and I'm kind of not the nicest client when it comes to the not so great aides being in my home and taking care of my son so I decided to make a little RAK (random act of kindness) for three nurses who work in the office and have to deal with my phone calls. 

Here's what I came up with......


It holds a little bottle of hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works. What nurse (even one who primarily works in an office) doesn't need a little hand sanititzer? I crafted up these hand sanitizers to look like Santa's pants. The perfect combination for any nurse in December! 


Most of my supplies came from Consumer Crafts. They have great prices, arrived quickly, and were packaged well. 

You will need:
Martha Stewart scoring board (I have been wanting one of these for a long time and LOVE it. Review coming soon!) 
Cello Bags
Small Bottles of Hand Sanitizer (mine came from Bath and Bodyworks)



What you will do: 
1. Cut your red cardstock to 3 1/2 inches wide by 5 1/2 inches long. 

2. Using the Martha Stewart scoring board, score the paper on the long side at 2 1/4 inches and 3 1/4 inches. Flip it to the short side and score at 1 inch and 2 1/2 inches. 

3. Cut tabs on the long side where the score marks meet. 


4. Use the red tape, to adhere the two sides to one another to make a little box.
5. Add the black ribbon with some of the red tape. Cut a small yellow square for Santa's belt and then cut the middle out using a craft knife, adhere to the black ribbon also using a bit of the red tape.
7. Place the bottles of hand sanitizer in each of the little boxes. 

8. Package in a cello bag. Using the red and green Baker's Twine, tie on a jingle bell or two to embellish and then tie a bow. 



You now have cute little hand sanitizer holders ready to surprise whomever deserves surprising in your life! 



Disclaimer: I was compensated by Blueprint Social and Consumer Crafts for this post but all opinions and views are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment