Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Favorites #9: The One with Watermelons

Watermelons bring back fond childhood memories for me. I can remember going to my Grandparents' house every summer (especially for the 4th of July) and being outside in their backyard by the pool and eating ice-cold watermelon on a sweltering Mississippi day. My Granddaddy used to tell us that if we swallowed a watermelon seed then watermelons would grow out ears. Ha! I will not admit to believing that for a little while. ;) 

So lately I have been seeing all kinds of watermelon crafts, recipes, and deserts in blog land so today's Friday Favorites features all things watermelon! 

This cool treat from This Chick Cooks may look similar to a watermelon but it is actually raspberry sherbet inside a lime with chocolate chip "seeds." Too cute! 

This watermelon smoothie from Food Doodles looks yummy, cool, and easy to make. That's a winner in my book and a great to use up some leftover watermelon before it spoils!


Need advice on how to cut your watermelon? Pink Suede Shoes has the answers with her step by step pictorial. 

Mel the Crafty Scientist shares this adorable watermelon wreath made of yarn and buttons. What a cute summer wreath! 

Anything But Perfect created these adorable free printable watermelon to do lists - perfect for summer! She also has some cute printable watermelon circle tags

I love this hanging wooden watermelon created by Alison at Oopsie Daisy. Too cute! 

That's it, folks! 
Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment